Heidi Hove (b. 1976) is an interdisciplinary artist, who lives and works in Copenhagen (DK). In 2007, she graduated from Funen Art Academy (DK) and California College of the Arts (US).
The projects of Hove range from copying the imagery of her neighbor's doormats onto linocuts, sewing a dress by the lining fabric of a suitcase, sculpting a wooden, life-size family portrait with chainsaw, reconstructing broken glasses from the childhood backyard, fabricating a town gate for a trafficked suburban neighborhood, to placing an illuminated welcoming sign in the middle of the desert in Texas.
Hove is winner of the Turku Biennial 2013 (FI), and she has exhibited her works in various contexts in Denmark and abroad such as Westwerk, Hamburg; Den Frie Centre of Contemporay Art, Copenhagen; The Stephen & George Laundry Line, New York; and Street Art Museum, St. Petersburg. Recent awards include working grants from the Danish Arts Foundation and The Academy Council's Support Fund for Visual Artists, and in 2017, she was included in the collection of the Danish Arts Foundation. Furthermore, she has been an artist-in-residence at CCA Andratx, Majorca (ES); Monte Residency, Buenoa Aires (AR); Circolo Scandinavo, Rome (IT); The Luminary, St. Luis (US); People Made Visible, West Chicago (US) and Nida Art Colony (LT).
Besides her individual practice, she has been involved in several curatorial projects. She co-curated, along with Jens Axel Beck (DK) the award-winning exhibition, Local Global Plan in the public space of Vanløse (DK) and she is co-curating the international Deadpan Exchange series with Jonn Herschend (US). Furthermore, she is co-founder of the artist initiatives, Koh-i-noor from 2004-2013, The Berlin Office from 2006-2010 and The Exhibition Space Sydhavn Station from 2012-2018.
Since 2019, Hove is co-director of the artist-run space, Ringsted Galleriet in collaboration with Morten K. Jacobsen.
SELECTED INTERVIEWS & PRESS
- Statens Kunstfond, Kunst på villavejen og i virtual reality, January 21, 2021
- Statens Kunstfond, Kunsten rykker ud, March 23, 2021
- Billedkunstneren, Millioner af kunstkroner forsvinder i sygehusbyggerier, Mads Gordon Ladekarl, March 3, 2021
- Idoart, HEIDI HOVE: OM HVAD VI VÆLGER AT SE, OG HVAD VI VÆLGER IKKE AT SE, Camilla Nørgaard, February 3, 2018
- Fine Spind, Landet ligger åbent på Sydhavn Station, by Julie Lystbæk-Hansen, June 9, 2017
- TIMES ledger, Art on the line, Tammy Scileppi, March 28, 2016
- JaquematePress, Heidi Hove, a Danish artist on a residency in San Telmo" by Alfred Hopkins, October 2, 2014
- Randers Amtsavis, Kunst, der griber fat i hverdagen by Lisbeth Stryhn, August 8, 2014
- Politiken, Fra onani under et scenegulv til snydt på Horsens Gymnasium, April 15, 2014
- Aboa Vetus Ars Nova, The winner of Turku Biennial 2013 is Heidi Hove, July 3, 2013
- Aboa Vetus Ars Nova, Danish Heidi Hove wins the Turku Biennial 2013 with two childhood memories, July 3, 2013
- Kunstkritikk, "Idyllen er tilbake", by Saara Hacklin, June 17, 2013 Kunsten.nu, "Idyl på Turku Biennalen", by BMW, June 6, 2013
- Kunsten.nu, "Idyl på Turku Biennalen", by BMW, June 6, 2013
- E-flux, Turku Biennial 2013: Idyll, May - September, 2013
- Kunsten.nu, "Kvaliteterne i hverdagen", by Line Møller Lauritsen, June 15, 2011
- Kunsten.nu, "Kunstneriske udfordringer", Nanna Skov, May 31, 2011
- Kunsten.nu, "Kunsten rykker til forstaden", Nanna Skov, May 30, 2011
- Dagbladet Information, "Adrian Hughes får et hjerteslag", by Michael Jeppesen, May 26, 2011